There are many laws that still exist on the books that are out dated. Most of them are no longer enforced. They remain laws because it isn’t worth the legislators time to remove them, they should and do have better things to take care of. Regardless, many of them are actually quite funny.
Here are a few that I got a laugh out of:
1) Texas- It is illegal to carry a concealed ice cream cone
2) Baltimore, Maryland- It is illegal to take a lion to the theater
3) Cicero, Illinois- You may not hum on public streets on Sundays
4) California- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship
5) Joliet, Illinois- You may be fined up to $5 for pronouncing Joliet: Jollyet.
6) Gary, Indiana- Persons are prohibited from attending a movie house or other theater and from riding a public streetcar within four hours of eating garlic
7) Clawson, Michigan- It is legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens
8) Zion, Illinois- It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animals kept as pets
9) St. Louis,Missouri- It is illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket
10) New York- You may not throw a ball at someone’s head for fun
11) Lehigh, Nebraska- It is illegal to sell doughnut holes
12) Utah- You must yield to birds while driving on the highway
13) Tallahassee, Florida- One may have sexual relations with a porcupine
14) New Britain, Connecticut- Fire trucks must travel at a speed of 25 m.p.h., even when going to a fire.
15) Illinois- It is illegal to speak English, American is the officially recognized language
16) California- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
17) Tucson, Arizona- It is illegal for women to wear pants.
18) Alaska- It is illegal to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
19) Iowa- Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
20) Louisiana- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
The even funnier thing is that the reasons that these laws exist are because people have actually done these things! Not only that but its funny that legislators actually took the time to write laws making these things illegal.