Chase Bank is also known as Chase Manhattan Bank, Bank One, J.P. Morgan Chase and Chase National bank. Over the years, the merging of these different financial institutions have created quite a few names, that still exists today.
Chase bank is one of the largest (top 25)and oldest still in business today. Chase bank was established in the late 1800’s, with the famous “Rockefeller Family” name and J.P. Morgan as trustees it’s reputation still stands strong.
Chase bank offers four types of checking accounts.
1) CHASE CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
– No minimum deposit to open
– No monthly fee, with direct deposit ($25.00) a month with out direct deposit.
– Free debit card
– Overdraft Protection
– No fees for money orders, cashiers checks or travelers checks
2) CHASE BETTER BANKING
– Must maintain a balance of $1,500 a month (no monthly fee)
– Offers all the same benefits as the Chase convenience package
– PLUS: Credit card option and Fraud protection
3) CHASE PREMIER PACKAGE
– Must maintain a balance of $15,000 a month (no monthly fee) This account can be
used in combination with other accounts, such as savings to maintain the minimum
15,000 monthly balance.
– Offers all the same basic benefits as the first two accounts
– PLUS: A free small safe deposit box
– Discounts on loans
4) CHASE PREMIER PLATINUM PACKAGE
– Must maintain a balance of 75,000 a month (no monthly fee) Can also be used in
combination with other accounts and CD’s, IRA’S to maintain balance.
– Offers all of the same benefits as the other three checking accounts
– PLUS: Free personalized checks
– Money management guidance
All of the four offered checking accounts at Chase Bank also offer free online banking and Bill pay. You can open an account online for an individual. If you need a joint account it must be opened in person at a branch.
Personally, I would not choose to have a checking account at Chase bank. I am an average “poor” American and to have a minimum of $1,500 in my account at all times is not feasible for me.